Friday 20 June 2008

Welcoming Mr Chalmers

Today we held our mihimihi to welcome Mr Chalmers, our new Principal. It was a fabulous day - the weather was warm and sunny, we were dressed up for the occasion, we spoke and sang from our hearts and we met some wonderful people from Tua Marina.

The mihimihi ceremony made it a wonderful occasion for us to all remember. Willow, Bailey and Jade called the Karanga, Kieran and Mr Gemmett spoke on our behalf, Mr Hepburn said the karanga and the whole school sang to support them. It felt wonderful to be a part of such a special ceremony. After the Karanga (calling the visitors onto our grounds), whaikorero(speeches), waiata (songs), hongi (pressing of noses) and karakia (prayer or grace) we shared kai (food) together. And of course we also shared our playground - those boys were pretty good at soccer.

We are looking forward to having Mr Chalmers as Principal of Mapua School next term.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

We really enjoyed the Mihimihi, it was great to finally meet Mr Chalmers. We spent a lot of time practising for the day, and it all paid off with a fantastic day.

Kieran was brilliant, he spoke so clearly and confidently. He must of been very nervous because he was the first speaker.

Willow, Jade and Bailey performed the karanga perfectly! They kept their composure and voice, even when we were all singing our hearts out!

We really enjoyed reviewing the 'Animoto' video it brings back so many good memories. Thank you Mrs Hosie.

From.

Room 9

Anonymous said...

This is one of the coolist mihimihi
Iv'e ever taken part in and it was so cool actuly meeting Mr Chalmers

cya later

michael

Anonymous said...

I really liked the mihimihi and i think it is great what you have done. Now we can remember and look back on some happy memories.

see you


from TC

Anonymous said...

Hi Web group
The events page looks really cool. I really like the animoto thing, I think it is a cool way of showing photos.

I really enjoyed the Mihimihi as well. We all sang our hearts out and every one did a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye
Alice

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
WOW them video clips that you guys made THUMS UP!!!
The mihimihi was awesome and now everyone can see some awesome photos!

See you at school,
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

hi Room 9

looks like you enjoyed the Mihimihi.Unfortunatly I couldn't come because I was sick.

from fabian

Anonymous said...

Hi mrs Hosie

I really like the movie you have made of the Mihmihi it was great fun!!

Eden form room 9

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs Hosey

Thank you so much for all that you have done on the blog it is rally cool that we can see what we have done.
Hayley

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs Hosey
It is nice to see what is on the blog!
Renee

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs Hosie ,
you did a great job on animoto, now we can look back on some happy and fun memories.

from lydia

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs Hosie

I really liked the Mihimhihi, it was really cool. I hoped everone you was there on the day had really fun!

Hope you will hava a lovely day

Laura, Room 9

Anonymous said...

Hi every body,

It was my first mihi mihi at mapua school,and it turned out great!I sang my heart out and was pleased someone from mapua school got in the newspaper A.K.A Laura Twin.
When we had the sausages I thought they were gorgeous(yummy!)and I managed two moosies(yummy again!).

see ya,

Lucy,Room9

Anonymous said...

Hi guys
I really liked the Mahimahi.
The move was great.When I turned it on the music was so loud that my grandma Made me mute it.
c ya latter

k.a.p