Tuesday 20 May 2008

What was hot on the Room 1 and Room 8 camp?

Amazing Damper toasting

We lit the roaring fire next to the rippling sea. I twisted the sticky dough onto my sharp stick and lay it on the embers.
When the toasting was done I poured on golden syrup and munched on my bread. We got some more pointy sticks and stuck on some melting marshmallows and roasted them on the embers.
When the marshmallows were ready I took them off the flame and put them in my mouth. Yummy!

Next day we put on our togs and jumped in the kayaks. Splash! All the boats bobbed around in the water. We had lots of races and I won nearly all of them but I fell in getting out!

Molly



Melting Marshmallows


At camp we made some damper. It was delicious. We also roasted marshmallows. Yummy. The adults made the damper. We got some sticks and put some damper on them. We also had golden syrup. It was delicious. We did all of this fun on the Leisure Park beach.

Harri

Gone Fishing

We baited our hooks and cast our rods out to the glistening cold ocean. We were getting lots and lots of bites but no fish. They just kept eating all our squishy bait. Just then Mac caught a sea creature with a slimy tail and one slippery fin on each side. He put it back and we started fishing again.

I went to get some bait from a parent helper and plopped my rod back in the glistening ocean.

Then it was time to go so we packed up and got on our bikes and rode off.
Bethan

No comments: